Both Zoom and Microsoft are supported for exams in DE. Currently a list must be sent to Arcanic of exams that need this and then Arcanic will ensure that a “meeting room” is set up. Later the universities will be able to connect meeting rooms on exams.
A guide has been created for each of the systems, as it requires a setup locally at the universities by the Zoom/Teams administrator. These can be found here.
The following conditions are important regarding setting up Zoom or Teams on exams.
- In order to sort out old exams, the end of the assessment period must be a maximum of 2 days before the start of the zoom meeting. Tests without an assessment period set will not be sorted out.
- Students must not have disenrolled, otherwise they will be removed.
- Emails in the system (DE) must match emails in Zoom for the exam administrator and examiners when they are created as host and alternative hosts (co-host must, however, be actively switched on in the university’s Zoom setup, otherwise there can be a risk that the alternative host will simply become an ordinary participant).
- Exam administrators and examiners must have logged into Zoom once (not for each exam, but once in general), in order to be created as hosts and alternative hosts on an exam.
- it must be decided whether the setup should be in Danish or English.
Further regarding Zoom Invitation
Since a exam start time is not always set when a zoom meeting is created (which could control when the session/meeting should start), the zoom meeting is instead automatically set to start when the invitation to the meeting is sent.
Regarding sending an email invitation, this depends on how the university has set this up in the zoom web portal.
This cannot be changed/set for Arcanics API access.
When scheduling a meeting, the host can designate another Licensed user on the same account to be the alternative host. The alternative host can start the meeting on the host’s behalf. This user will receive an email notifying them that they’ve been added as an alternative host, with a link to start the meeting. If this email notification is disabled in the Zoom web portal, the alternative host will not receive an email to start the meeting.
From the above link see the following:
If the original host joins after the alternative host, the original host is given the option to reclaim host-control of the meeting, or have the host-controls remain with the alternative host. If the original host retakes host control, the alternative-host is demoted to a participant.
Turn on Co-host on an account basis:
The first exam administrator (the one at the top of DE) will automatically be the host of the meeting. The other examiners and assessors are set as alternative hosts.